PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







January 27, 2003

CAN I WRITE FOR THE NY TIMES PLEASE

GOVERNOR GARY LOCKE
See
previous post for more.

The NY Times has an article, which seems to repeat what I've got going here. I like to be ahead of the curve. PS I just got the NY TImes update. Well, it came at 2 a.m. but I just checked my e-mail.

This line from the article rang true: "So his biography may be more powerful than the message he plans to deliver in a bit more than 10 minutes Tuesday night."

Ten minutes? That's so unfair. Still, it's a journalistic ethos - say it stronger and shorter.

UPDATE 4:42 - I have to disagree with the last line:
Mr. Locke is not known as a dynamic speaker. When asked how he felt approaching Tuesday's speech, the biggest political moment of his life, he said, "Yikes!"

Well, dynamic as in "rousing the crowd." - no he' s not. Effective? Yes, as I indicated above. Biggest political moment in his life. I'd lay bets it was actually becoming governor.

And seriously, what point did I miss that was covered in the NY Times article? And I made it sound more interesting.