PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







January 16, 2003

LIEBERMAN AND CONAN

A team for 2004.
And even with Conan I wouldn't vote for him. Suprisingly I liked him more than I thought I would. Despite, other's assertions that he was stitled and unfunny he was not. He wasn't a stand-up and he wasn't busting a gut - he left that to Conan.

He was not very funny but not embarrassing. He was incredibly relaxed and natural I thought. I mean, he did have Conan next to him - would you act natural?
Apparently he came on the show so soon after announcing because when he appeared on the show last time in 2000, it was all people could talk about.

Lieberman's job was to show he was serious and he could laugh. To cut it up would have gone too far.
PS Watching Lieberman on Conan was the first deliberate time/life change I've done for this blog. Or any of my blogs. I watched it, made journalistic notes. But I don't care enough to do a recap a la
these huys and gals.

The bio at the Austin-American Statesman says Joseph I. Lieberman is:

Age: 60; born Feb. 2, 1942
Education: Yale College, B.A., 1964; Yale Law School, 1967
Experience: U.S. Senate (1989-present), Connecticut attorney general (1983-88), Connecticut Senate (1971-81)
Family: Married (Hadassah Freilich). Four children.(1971-81)
Quote: "I intend to talk straight to the American people and to show them that I am a different kind of Democrat. I will not hesitate to tell my friends when I think they are wrong and to tell my opponents when I think they are right."


See, that last quote has me worried. He doesn't spend enough - read any - time telling his opponents they're wrong. The bio also doesn't tell me what the middle "I" initial stands for - Ishmael?? :)