PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







February 08, 2003

LEAKED REPORT REJECTS IRAQI-AL QAEDA LINK

A
British intelligence report released Tuesday, reveals that there is no current link between Iraq and al-Qaeda.

Being a British intelligence report, we know it to be voracious, in-depth and scholarly. Now, while I enjoyed my 10 years in England let me say - they can be complete asses - wankers even. I mean, it's happened again. Yes I authored many of the passages in the report and quite frankly, I'm cheesed.

This was released Wednesday, the day before Colin Powell's presentation to the UN. It came as a complete surprise. I hope they can find, for academic duty if nothing else, to credit me with my work. See, it's funny how our "liberal media" just jumped all over this story. [i also may have completely missed that someone did, but I doubt it]

The defence intelligence staff document, seen by BBC defence correspondent Andrew Gilligan, is classified Top Secret and was sent to UK Prime Minister Tony Blair and other senior members of the government.

It says al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden views Iraq's ruling Ba'ath party as running contrary to his religion, calling it an "apostate regime".

"His aims are in ideological conflict with present day Iraq," it says.