PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







February 04, 2003

PRE-FORMATTED DEMOCRACY - fun!!!

I posted a letter from
Conservativealerts.com. They want Rush's advertisers to stand firm in light of TakeBacktheMedia's campaign to move advertisers away. Frankly I'm competely suprised that it's working at all.

Even though there is a very cogent and strong point to be made here, my little missive here won't do anything. But I posted a letter via Calerts that advertisers should run like the plague. If I thought it would make a difference I would have put more effort into it.

This is what CAlerts wanted me to send:
While your company is certainly free to advertise, or not advertise, wherever you want, you should not allow a small group of shrill complainers force you into pulling your ads from Rush's show.

Millions of people like myself are regular listeners to the Rush Limbaugh show, and we are active shoppers and purchasers of products that are advertised there. Personally, if I hear that an advertiser has pulled ads because of liberal threats of boycotts, *I* will refuse to buy that former advertiser's products ever again.

I hope that you will not pull any ads due to such liberal threats. I would appreciate a reply on this matter. Thank you.


They tried to get around things by putting in an introductory paragraph that would automatically be sent as well:
I am outraged to hear that some companies are bending to pressure from radical left-wing groups, and considering pulling their advertising from the Rush Limbaugh show.

So with that as a given and my own introduction, this is what I sent:

I am outraged that it hasn't happened sooner. While I wouldn't characterize those who do not enjoy Rush Limbaugh's show as "radical" I'd say those who do send you these letters are more passionate.

While your company is certainly free to advertise, or not advertise, wherever you want, you should not allow a small group of shrill complainers - Dittoheads - to force you into keeping your ads for Rush Limbaugh's show.

Millions of people like myself actively try and distance themselves from the Rush Limbaugh show, and we are active shoppers and purchasers of products that are advertised there. Personally, if I hear that an advertiser remains attached to the hateful and hate-filled Rush show *I* will refuse to buy that advertiser's products ever again.

I do not expect a reply on this matter, but do ask that you reconsider who you want to be associated with. Thank you.


Ah isn't preformatted democracy fun.
[idea via Atrios]