PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







April 17, 2003

TAX CUT FOR ZEROS
By request
Ara Rubyan posted a triflng idea about instituting a 0-percent tax cut. I don't know how serious he is, but, at the risk of starting another discussion - where's that picture of a frostbitten homeless woman I had ready - what about it?

I can't get my brain around it right now. Here's what I e-mailed him, in part: Give me a sec. Tax cuts are a funny thing with me. I've never been rich enough to have worried about those high rates, and I've never seen the federal taxes hurting businesses too much - though I hear a lot of complaining about it. And I lived in England during my teen years where taxes seemed to do an awful lot of good.

No surprises to anyone, but I think governments can do a lot of good in social services. Privatising those - including prisons and schools - rarely seem to work as advertised.

I would agree there's some government waste, but that is rarely as bad as advertised.

That is my incomplete opinion. Consider the discussion started, but go back to Rubyan to comment if you don't want to comment at both.