PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







December 30, 2003

USEFUL TECHNOLOGY - FUEL CELLS

I was going to write about this story on new DVD formats. But beyond saying that the picture and cutline (caption) below it are two of the most contrived story elements ever (only matched bby the lede paragraph, it doesn't interest me. A new DVD format will happen. It will come from Japan and, I guess eventually I'll buy some. I still only own exactly two DVDs and one I got free when I bought two pizzas at Pizza Hut.

This story on
fuel cell generation is far more exciting both long term and short term. Of course, it's a company outside the US - and one without much oil itself - which has developed this (in 1994).

There are a lot of oil company powers against this. Why aren't all Americans who aren't oilman fighting to get this much cheaper effort off the ground? It would seem to solve the problem of dependancy on foreign oil rather more handily and quickly than destroying beauty in Alaska.

Isn't it fun to have an oilman for a president, now that this useful technology is perfected?

First on "display" at the LA Auto Show.

Check out the Bentley GT and others here.