PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







January 18, 2004

1,100 AMERICANS DEAD IN 03-04 IRAQ CONFLICT

There was a large explosion today just outside the most proected "Green Zone" of Baghdad. Two American soldiers, 18 Iraqi civilians dead. They called them civilians. Some might have been Iraqi soldiers.

During the reporting it was said that 600 Iraqi police sacrified themselves to save American lives. Well, actually, all the CNN reporter said was that it is not widely known that 600 Iraqi police have lost their lives in attacks and other means and ways since they were reconstituted just some two or three months ago.

Of course, as we all know, the number of Iraqi civilian casualties - even a close approximation - we'll never know as the American command came down to stop recording the numbers at hospitals.

There are at least 2,000 wounded Americans and, again, who knows how many wounded Iraqis.

I know, I know, typing away on your keyboard you might be thinking - it's worth it. That's easy for you to say.

It is NOT Vietman -- yet. It may hopefully never be. But I can't help thinking that we had an amazingly just cause put forward for that war too and lots and lots of secrets kept from the American people for more than 10 years before people wised their asses up and some of the atrocious things we were doing there came to light.

Five hundred dead by the way is more deaths than the first three years of Vietnam 1962-64. (Ask me for a link and I will find it. I'm too tired right now).

CRITICAL THINKING
All I'm asking for is a little critical thinking - at least as much as
Andrew Sullivan seems to be doing lately.

I read his blog after I heard it was melted down. I wanted to see why.

I also couldn't help noticing an Instapundit post (It was sadomachoism Saturday for me - I even watched a Knicks-Bulls game) commenting on the fact that it seems blogads prolifigate on "leftie" blogs. Insta-whatever posited that maybe some - the right - do it for love not money. And then, in a moment of sour irony easy to find at Insta-whatever, he posted about Sullivan - who is famously a poor poor blogger who needs a minimum of $80,000 to keep it up ... er ... going. Who also has a permanent "donate to me" link at the top of the page - not discretely off to the side like every lefty site I see.