PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







January 10, 2004

DISCOUNTBLOGGER - VOTING FOR BUSH???

To steal a phrase - in other news, water is wet.

Ricky West
recently interviewed Michael Demmons at Discountblogger. Both are regular reads.

Up until his interview with Michael Demmons I actually believed Michael when he said he was a Democrat in everything but the war (well, would be if he wasn't a Canadian citizen). But in the short interview he comes off as much more right-toppling (forget the leaning) than I thought he was. Much more.

Of course, he makes a good point that right and left are almost meaningless designations nowadays.

Actually, that's my assertion. His related one is that one can hold some views considered Democratic (especially social) and some considered Republican (especially fiscal, until Jan. 2001 at least).

But he also asserts that Little Green Footballs is a favorite site of his. And this I can't credit. Any site completely and utterly dominated by anger and hate is, by definition, a shithole of a place to be (would you plan a vacation there?). His and Ricky's (and Tacticus and Colby Cosh) mix it up and occasionally, even often, concede a point.

The thing Michael said that really left me scratching my head? Andrew Sullivan inspired me to start thinking for myself instead of letting gay organizations do that thinking for me.

I'm just going to be nice and assume "start" was a really bad choice of word.

The Ricky West Sessions are good stuff by the way. He's also interviewed Jane of Classlesswarfare.com who comes off as much funnier than she does posting.