PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







January 16, 2004

NOT THE SIGN OF A 'WITH IT' MAN

I cannot imagine any sane individual coming up to someone he has just met - especially in a formal setting and - mano to mano - telling the other man that he has "a pretty face."

But then read the rest of the quote. This confirms it for me. Forget mysterious abrasions on his cheeks and mysterios brush scratches and pretzel chokes, this quote confirms for me that either Bush is very very simple or on the sauce.

In the
Toronto Globe and Mail:
The President chuckled. “Well, you got a pretty face,” he told the surprised Mr. Reid. He wasn't done. “You got a pretty face,” he said again. “You're a good-looking guy. Better looking than my Scott anyway.”

This is true. His Scott has a receding hairline and is on the chubby side, while Mr. Martin's Scott has a full head of hair and is quite fit.

For the first time in his life, Mr. Reid had no reply. “I didn't know what to say,” said Mr. Reid, noting later that he wished that Mr. Bush had referred to him as a “rugged-looking young man or something.

“But I'll take what I can, I guess,” he joked. “When a Texas Republican says you've got a pretty face, then I guess there is just no way around it.”