PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







February 10, 2004

BLOG VIXEN

No not her, but Vixen the first good girl band from the mid 80s. Though does anyone remember Brit-group Girlschool?

Anyway, thanks to
Jay at ClasslessWarfare.com I find one of the band's members (the guitarist if memory serves), Share Pedersen has a blog. Still into music and, er knitting.

As an aside, as far apart as Jay and I are on some basic principles of American democracy (and anger management), it is freeky eerie how much his music experience of the '80s coincides with me.

I read his post on this and his touchstone points of female 80s rockettes - particularly the mention of Lita Ford - and I could feel the three-chord jams in my head.

He had a similar post earlier, too. To those who say the 80s was a wasteland of music I say, well largely, yes, but it's my wasteland and there was some good shit in there too. ;)

Of course, having grown up in the 80s, the spectrum of what I liked changed dramatically during that time.

I have found however, that I generally have good taste in music. My first ever single when my age was still in single digits was Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust." and "The Tide is High" by Blondie was my second. Reo Speedwagon's "Hi-Infidelity" was my first album that didn't get destroyed. I bought Devo's "Whip It", - still when I was under 10 - but it melted on the way home in the back window of the car so I never got to hear it.