PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







March 09, 2004

Drool, Drool: Kerry/McCain

A nail-it-down, hit-em-out-of-the-park, slam dunk, further bets denied, bona fide winner.

God, a Kerry / McCain ticket would be wonderful. I'd probably cry.

In my pie-in-the-sky moment of blissful wishfulness that, to me, would signal a great moment in modern politics and a sense of healing across this country's great political divide. Screw "the country is moving right." How about "this country is getting fucking nasty and it needs to end.

It might push Nader to keep running until he's beyond his past due date ("this country doesn't have two parties...") but I could take that for this reality.

Hey if Bush wanted to bring aboard some decent Democrat as VP I'd go for that, too (just not as enthusiastically)

Please.
Please.
Please let this happen.
Pretty please?

Speculation
here, here, and here. (Ok not the last one, but it is a good take on the more natural bedfellows of comedy and politics).

And a little bit more of my own. McCain is pissed at the roadblocks that the Rove administration is putting in front of telling the American people what the fuck is and was going on regarding 9-11. He was smeared mightily by Bush in 2000. There's got to be some underlying urge in the man's self-worth that this unknown prick of a man beat him in the race.

And if someone could put it to him in terms of "This could be the start of a new healing in this country" that would be attractive to him.

UPDATE 17:34 As I bounce around Google News I see that this ticket is indeed labeled a "Democratic dream ticket." Let me make myself clearer than reasons stated above. It is that because Republicans who are pissed at Bush will vote Kerry/McCain. Remember the "spending like a drunken sailor" quote from the maverick?