PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







April 16, 2004

Whew. Crap

Sorry it's not more elegant and thought out. But that was my first reaction on seeing that, like Israel so many times before, we now have a hostage exchange situation.

This time around, though,
it's an American soldier.

When I first heard of the Japanese hostages being held (now released amazingly) I thought that Japan should stick to their guns and not capitulate.

But then I saw the hostages in captivity, their misery and their danger and I wavered. Its's easy for me to say that, I thought to myself, I'm sitting waaaay far away from all that.

I'm glad the rock star Japanese PM (he's so young looking, with the long hair and the smile), stuck to his resolve, though I imagine even he thought that would mean their deaths.

I cannot believe anyone will let this American soldier go alive. These hostage groups are trying to stir up a lot of hatred, unlike the previous American soldier hostages who were being held, merely because well, they fell into their captors hands almost. They had no demands (that I recall).

Whew, crap.

UPDATE 19:32 Of course, the answer is more guns (almost forget about this one) and more news about guns.