PicoSearch


BYTE BACK
KFNX1100AM Listen Live
Air America

BLOND AND HARMONIZED GETTING IT RIGHT AGAINST THE RIGHT sunraysix@excite.com

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Archives







June 11, 2004

Reagan's Funeral

First to Note. I have seen none of it. I might have watched some of it if I was at home, but I'm at work.

Watching funerals just isn't one of my "things." Not Princess Diana. Not Nixon. Not um ....

Seen through other bloggers' eyes, though:

Apparently Bill Clinton was napping through part of it, though someone else said he was praying. Hillary Clinton, Prince Charles and Lady Thatcher may also have been nodding off.

Beside that point, see, I thought Clinton wasn't invited or something (Drudge????)

Apparently, right-wingers are pissed that Chirac and Martin did not attend. Where before, I thought their beef before was that Reagan and his family could invite whomever he chose. Which is it?

Bush Jr. was OK but nothing special (Tacitus and even LGF - I had to go there to see what they'd say about Clinton's apparent napping. Or praying.)

Bush Sr. teared up. There's your compassionate conservative.

I find it extremely hard to believe Clinton was napping (remember he's still about the youngest one there). More likely the camera's caught him with his eyes closed for a brief few seconds.

Mulroney surprised everyone with his eloquence (as in "Who knew" and "Why?").

And, the consensus is, Mikhail Gorbechev must be having a few awkward moments with all this talk about the Evil Empire being crushed. Well, maybe, but he played an equal or greater part so I'm not so sure about that.

Oh - and people thought it was moving.
No one really mentioned Nancy.